Outlook Security Certificate is a digital signature used while sending outlook emails, that displays that mail has been sent by the authentic user and not fraud and it declares that the email is original and valid.
Sometimes users can notice certificate warnings in outlook such as outlook certificate error which can be due to many reasons.
Reasons and the Methods users can work for outlook certificate error fix
> The expired date and time on the certificate can be the reason for the issue.
To solve this, users must keep an update that the details mentioned on the certificate are accurate and it is not expired.
> Another reason can be not matching domain name: To avoid this, users must use the domain name of hosting the same as the mail server.
> Using SSL ports can cause the error, users must use not secured SSL ports
SSL Ports like Port 995, IMAP 993, SMTP 465, etc, users can face the error but to avoid this type of error users must use the NON-SSL PORTS such POP 110, IMAP 143, SMTP 587, etc.
> Outgoing SMTP PORT 25, gets blocked by many Internet SPs which leads to error, therefore users must try using SMTP 26 and so on.
> Damaged & corrupted PST files, cause of error, Outlook certificate error can fix by the Outlook PST Repair tool
Ways to Install Security Certificates in Outlook:
- Users need to open the Settings on their web browser to select the Content option
- Then users must click the Certificates button
- Users must select the Personal tab and click on the Certificate Name option and export it.
Further Steps after the Outlook Security Certificate have been Exported:
- Users need to go to the File option on Outlook
- Then go to the Trust Center to reach the Trust Center Settings.
- Once the Trust Centre Window opens, users must click on the Email security option.
- Then users may need to choose the email account to use as the Email signing certificate
- And click on the Settings button
- Next, users must select Change Security Settings, to choose the ‘Signing Certificate’ section
- From the Select a certificate window, users must select the Digital Certificate
- Complete the email signing certificate process and click on the PFX file that needs to be saved on the user’s device.
- Lastly, users must Enter the password to protect it and then click on the OK button.